Re: Shared Pool: Can it be filled *over* 100% ? - Thanks

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:49:45 +0200

"Mike Ault" <mikerault_at_earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:37fab3ab.0408141035.4d9f38d0_at_posting.google.com...
> Jan,
>
> As I believe I said in my books, the code can return greater than 100%
> due to the reason Jonathan states.

Thank You, Mike,

maybe they omissed some sentences in the translation of Your book into German, who knows ... I did not find a remark of relativation near the code example ... it is pp. 772-773 (Chapter 13) in the German copy, source code 13.2. Then it says simply that one should watch for a constant usage of the shared pool over 90% ... I did and so I began to wonder ...

But OK, this is not really a problem ... in gerenal, Your book is indeed very helpful both for understanding and giving examples.

> I provide the script as a guideline, just to give people a heads up
> that their pool may be full of something besides useful code, the
> other two pieces of code that go along with it that actually show you
> how memory is being used and who is using it tell the whole story.

> This is just the patients temperature, as no good doctor would rely
> 100% on temperature as anything other than an indicator, this script
> should not be anything more than an indicator to check further.

Good example :)

Greetings, Jan Received on Mon Aug 16 2004 - 03:49:45 CDT