ORA-4031

From: DK <dakight_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:21:50 -0400

 We got a ora-4031 in a production environment. In in an effort to circumvent the 4031 we;

                                                                      a.
increased the size of the shared pool
                                                                      b.
have asked the developers to use bind variables
                                                                      c. are
flushing the shared pool nightly
                                                                      d.
eliminated the session_cached_cursors=1000 from the spfile(9.2.0.5)

 Questions;

  1. The dba on duty said that he could not get into the database. Will a 4031 cause a database to lock up?
  2. We run an analyze nightly. I'm I buying anything by flushing the shared pool?

TIA Received on Sun Aug 15 2004 - 19:21:50 CDT