Re: Un set parameter in spfile

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 08:31:17 +1000

zeb wrote:

> "DK" <dakight_at_bellsouth.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
> jMHTc.984$sl.260_at_bignews1.bellsouth.net...

>> Is there a way to "unset" a parameter in an spfile.  I have a parameter

> set
>> (sessions_cached_cursors) that I'd like to take the default on.
>> (HP11i/9.2.0.5).  Other creating an pfile from an spfile, modifying the
>> pfile....., I don't see a way.
>>
>> TIA

> alter system reset sessions_cached_cursors;
>
> HTH
Rather more generically,

alter system reset PARAMETER scope=SPFILE sid='SID';

Because not all parameters can be modified dynamically with an unqualified 'alter system' command. The SID clause is compulsory, by the way, even in a single instance environment.

Regards
HJR Received on Sun Aug 15 2004 - 17:31:17 CDT