Re: Shared Pool: Can it be filled *over* 100% ?

From: Mike Ault <mikerault_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 15 Aug 2004 05:56:00 -0700

Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl> wrote in message news:<n3vsh051rinjvad6qddr1elf5dn725p7m6_at_4ax.com>...
> On 14 Aug 2004 11:35:33 -0700, mikerault_at_earthlink.net (Mike Ault)
> wrote:
>
> >I provide the script as a guideline,
>
> since when are scripts that are just plain wrong because of a
> cartesian product valid as a 'guideline'?

As you can see from the other attempts, getting this information is not easy as the shared pool is used for more than just the shared pool data we all know and love. There is no cartesian product possible in the query since each table addressed is limited by a limiting where clause. The only possible cartesion would be if I returned more than one row from the v$parameter table, which I do not. If it was a cartesian product wouldn't the value always be a factor of 2 or more high? Instead it is just the amount over that allows for the parts of the pool we don't normally think of. As an indicaor it works fine, exactly what I intended it to do.

Why make this into more than that? Too much time on your hands?

Mike Received on Sun Aug 15 2004 - 07:56:00 CDT