Re: Shared Pool: Can it be filled *over* 100% ?

From: omlet <notrolls_at_notrolls.omlet.org.notrolls>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 07:11:38 -0400

Sorry Mike! Do not worry about the fine. You charge for your guideline scripts; and as such we would expect it be of top quality. AND THEY ARE.

as far the bunch of wacos who jumped on this thread: Give it a rest people! Oracle's code for cursors initiation and maintenace is the worst code ever written; fully laden with bugs due to two facts: SQL is not typed; cursors are not hierarchically named;

Check out the kksfin code which is called when a frame is to be reused without being freed; this is actually an example when a select cursor is re-executed before end of fetch is reached

quoting:

"User a parses X with privs Y
 User a executes X
 X is paged out of KGL cache
 user a executes X but privs are now Y-Z    the reparse fails with some (RANDOM) message  ....
 Unfortunately, pl/sql can't selectively load heaps ...  Unfortunately, we can't free heap memory .....