Re: acccessing the sample database on oracle 10g

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 07:56:19 +1000

Nospam wrote:

> Another quick question
>

> after
>
> connect a sysdba /nolog
>
> startup
>
> and
>
> select * from employees it said table does not exit
>
> I have the SID in the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files, what am I doing
> wrong?

Which bit of my earlier post didn't you understand?

I said, in black and white:

"AFTER YOU CONNECT AS SCOTT, query from the EMP table."

"IF YOU CONNECT AS HR, try querying from the EMPLOYEES table."

And: "connect / as sysdba (connects you as SYS, which is an administrative account, and therefore not a good idea to do for regular use)".

So what do you do? You connect as SYS and then try querying from HR's employees table. Despite my explicitly stating you need to connect *AS HR* if you're going to do that.

I know you don't want to read the documentation I pointed you to. But you could at least make the effort to read the *posts* that are made in reply to your question!!

What the hell does "connect a sysdba /nolog" mean, anyway? Did I say to type that? Or did I actually say to type "connect / as sysdba".

Please don't waste my time. Or this group's. Read what is actually written. Don't just make it up.

HJR Received on Sat Aug 14 2004 - 16:56:19 CDT