Re: acccessing the sample database on oracle 10g

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 13:43:25 -0700

Nospam wrote:

> Another quick question
>

> after
>
> connect a sysdba /nolog
>
> startup
>
> and
>
> select * from employees it said table does not exit
>
> I have the SID in the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files, what am I doing
> wrong?

If you are not willing to RTFM then please don't ask questions. What you have written here is ridiculous. You are not following the guidance you have been given and thus are creating unnecessary problems for yourself.

Try this:

SQL> conn / as sysdba

SQL> SELECT owner

      FROM dba_tables
      WHERE table_name = 'EMPLOYEES';

SYS is not SCOTT so the table does not exist. Log on as Scott and the table will exist.

None of this has anything to do with tnsnames.ora, listener.ora or the current exchange rate of Snow Crabs into Canadian dollars.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington