Re: cannot open resetlogs after recover:explication

From: zeb <spam_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 09:01:11 +0200

> That error message ("Open Resetlogs would get error...") almost always
> means: "I am attempting an incomplete recovery but I didn't start out by
> restoring ALL my data files".
>
> The reference to data file 1 is completely spurious: it just happens to be
> the first file which the system detects has an SCN out of synch with other
> SCNs found elsewhere in the database.
>
> Regards
> HJR
Thanks Howard for your help
Explication:
The system is in facility management outside our company and the backup was done without any precaution, this why I think the data files are out of sync.
I used the undoc. param. _allow_resetlogs_corruption=TRUE so I could open the database, export my precious tables and import in my production database ..
not very classical but efficient and it saved my life ... Received on Sat Aug 14 2004 - 02:01:11 CDT