Re: Quest Shareplex 3.2 Migrating from Oracle8i to Oracle9i

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 06:28:13 GMT

> Because it is a production database and limited budget, we cannot use
> Oracle9i RAC or any other high availability solutions, we are stuck
> with SharePlex.

The Oracle 'equivalent' to Shareplex is Data Guard (not RAC), and in fact a move to Data Guard (assuming you are already using Enterprise Edition) would help you with your limted budget by saving you the cost of Shareplex. Your Oracle licence costs would remain the same in both scenarios. Received on Sat Aug 14 2004 - 01:28:13 CDT