Re: Quest Shareplex 3.2 Migrating from Oracle8i to Oracle9i

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 03:50:13 GMT

Prem K Mehrotra wrote:

> Because it is a production database and limited budget, we cannot use
> Oracle9i RAC or any other high availability solutions, we are stuck
> with SharePlex.

Don't know enough about your environment, but hope you realize that Oracle Database 10g STANDARD Edition includes RAC for free.

If you have <= 4 CPU system and don't need Enteprise Edition capabilities, Standard Edition is just fine. (Standard has roughly the same capability as SQL Server Enteprise +/- a bit ... during the dot-com bubble, many organizations did the comparison on name, not capability, and now think they are stuck.)

/Hans Received on Fri Aug 13 2004 - 22:50:13 CDT