Quest Shareplex 3.2 Migrating from Oracle8i to Oracle9i

From: Prem K Mehrotra <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Aug 2004 20:04:38 -0700

We have been using Quest's Shareplex. My database version is Oracle 8i and we want to move to Oracle9i. My question is will my existing Shareplex which was installed
in June 2002 (looking at patch.log its version seems to be 3.2.12.x) also require upgrade, i.e., does SharePlex 3.2.12.x work with Oracle9i.

Also, is there a way to find the version of Shareplex (because I do not see
it listed in any of its log files).

Because it is a production database and limited budget, we cannot use Oracle9i RAC or any other high availability solutions, we are stuck with SharePlex.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Prem Received on Fri Aug 13 2004 - 22:04:38 CDT