Re: Slowness on insert statemente

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Aug 2004 05:33:06 -0700

"mario" <xnazsco_at_tiscali.it> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.08.12.08.20.00.26204_at_tiscali.it>...
> Hi all,
> a simple question:
> the dimension of a table can directly be responsible
> of the slowness of an insertion?
> in other words: if I have two identical tables that only
> differ for the number of records, it is the insert of one record
> slower in the big table regarding the small?
>
> thank's

The table that is experiencing the slow insert, have there been many deletes on this table? You may be getting some free list contention. Also, how many indexes on this table are there vs. the one that inserts fast? If you have many indexes on many different columns, then this will slow the insert down as Oracle will have to insert the data into all the indexes.

HTH,
Pete's Received on Fri Aug 13 2004 - 07:33:06 CDT