OPEN_CURSORS-???

From: DK <dakight_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:33:19 -0400

I have a developer who would like for the open_cursors to be set to 2000. He tells me that he will open his cursor once for the life of his application to avoid reparsing his sql statements by oracle. He's using bind variable in his code. Is there an advantage of leaving these cursors open for the duration of the application versus just having Oracle search the shared pool for the matching sql? Received on Thu Aug 12 2004 - 18:33:19 CDT