OPTIMIZE: help please - simple sql runs slow

From: Doug <douglas_at_igmax.com>
Date: 12 Aug 2004 08:52:55 -0700

I have a very simple query that runs really fast on one server, and really slow on another. How can I figure out why they are so different?

DETAILS: The statement is: UPDATE cust_order SET ship_date = '11-SEP-04' WHERE order_id = '001' AND line_no = 1;

On the one machine it runs in a half second (or less.) On the other machine it runs in just over one minute (even when nobody else is hitting that server).

My second machine is updated by "restoring" it from an export from my first machine; the schema and data are the same.

Where can I begin to look to track down this problem? Is there a tool out there that can track a sql statement and tell me WHAT IN THE WORLD that server is doing for an ENTIRE MINUTE?

Thanks,

Doug Received on Thu Aug 12 2004 - 10:52:55 CDT