Re: Slowness on insert statemente

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:26:23 +0200

"mario" <xnazsco_at_tiscali.it> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:pan.2004.08.12.08.20.00.26204_at_tiscali.it...
> Hi all,
> a simple question:
> the dimension of a table can directly be responsible
> of the slowness of an insertion?
> in other words: if I have two identical tables that only
> differ for the number of records, it is the insert of one record
> slower in the big table regarding the small?
>
> thank's

No version, no anything ... so just a tip:

Inserting in a table
without *optimizer hints*
_may_ result in some slow down.
If You do something like

insert /*+append */ into my table ....

then Oracle will leave it out to find free chunks in the middle of the table but will always append the new data on the end of the table. Can save some time ...

just my 2c. Received on Thu Aug 12 2004 - 04:26:23 CDT