Re: installing oracle on LINUX SUSE 9.1 book Version

From: Michael Gast <mig-sm_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:00:08 +0200

Hallo Uwe,

Uwe Schmidt schrieb:

> Hallo NG,
>

> I try to install Oracle 9i on SUSE LINUX 9.1, but no chance to start the
> Installer. Is there a documentation of "HOW TO" ?
>
> Does anybody have experince in the installation of my configuration?
>

> Thanks
> Uwe

you can register for free at the Suse mailing list for Oracle (Suse-Oracle). Many installation questions are discussed here. To subscribe to the list, send a message to: <suse-oracle-subscribe AMPERSAND suse DOT com>

I used Oracle 9i on a Suse Linux 9.1 but a few weeks ago i switched to Oracle 10g. Both, Oracle 9i and Oracle 10g are working fine with Suse Linux 9.1.

But, what exactly do you mean by "no chance to start the installer"? Do you see the first screen? If yes, try to switch of the numlock key before starting the installer.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Michael Gast

All emails sent to this address are never read and never will be answered.
Sorry, but until someone cleans up the spam mess, that's the way it has to be.

E-Mails, die direkt an diese Adresse geschickt werden, lese und beantworte ich
nicht. Ich bedauere diesen Umstand sehr, kenne derzeit aber keine bessere
Möglichkeit, um die Spam-Flut abzustellen.