connection on 9i sometimes hangs

From: M Rothwell <ThisIsABadAddress_at_toobad.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:48:27 -0700

We just upgraded from an 8i db to a 9i db on HP-UX.

I access the db from a Windows XP box with DBArtisan.

When we had the 8i db, I never had any problems, but every since we upgraded to 9i I sometimes hang while navigating different objects in DBArtisan. I also have a 9i db local (on same XP box) that has no problems with DBArtisan. This leads me to believe that it is a TNS issue. I've checked logs on client and server and cannot find anything odd. When it hangs, it is generally about 3 minutes, then everthing is ok.

Any ideas what would/could cause this?

Thank you, Received on Wed Aug 11 2004 - 11:48:27 CDT