Re: Number of IOs Per Second

From: CHANGE USERNAME TO westes <DELETE_westes_at_earthbroadcast.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:36:35 -0700

SCSI
15K rpm
fiber attached, direct or SAN attached
RAID 0+1 Cache on the computer

How do any of these questions matter relative to understanding the I/O requirements of the application? All of your questions pertain to understanding the I/O performance of specific solutions, but I wasn't going that far in my question. If an application needs 3000 physical I/Os per second, it needs it whether or not you supply enough physical disks, of high enough speed, to satisfy the requirement.

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com