Re: done something dumb!

From: D Alpern <ivorykeyer88ns_at_nshotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 23:02:01 -0400

I agree with Howard's suggestion for color coding your telnet session desktop. The basis of my color choice, however, is a little bit different.. The background color is based upon the environment, not the DB version. Bright eye-strain red for production, lurid orange for pre-production and a lovely soothing shade of green for test/dev.

In addition, we use a very basic single character prefix standard for the SID, dsid for development, tsid for test, psid for pre-production and sid (with no prefix) for the production instance.

  David