Re: installing oracle on LINUX SUSE 9.1 book Version

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman_at_DELETE_THIS.BountifulSolutions.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:54:21 +0100

In article <newscache$8n882i$z3c$1_at_www-neu.dzsh.de>, uwe.schmidt_at_dzsh.de says...
> Hallo NG,
>

> I try to install Oracle 9i on SUSE LINUX 9.1, but no chance to start the
> Installer. Is there a documentation of "HOW TO" ?
>
> Does anybody have experince in the installation of my configuration?
>

> Thanks
> Uwe

I suspect you'll find that 'book'versions don't come with all the goodies you really need.

Having said that, SUSE 9.1 PERSONAL edition is available for download at SUSE's web site and when you have that installed, you can 'do something' toi point it at the updates on the web so that you can then 'upgrade' from the Personal edition to the full edition.

I don't use SUSE myself, so the above is pretty vague - I got SUSE 9.1 Personal on a magazine coverdisc (PC-Plus I think, September 2004) and read the above inside, but don't quote me.

Book editions of anything, as far as I have found out, be it Linux, or MSVC, or whatever are cut down versions made available as a 'teaser' to get you interested in the real versions.

Once you have a proper Linux setup, get over to www.dizwell.com aqnd grab the installing docs from there for 10g oin Linux. You won't find a better set of docs anywhere. (Does that sound like the HJR appreciation Society ?)

Cheers,
Norm

--

Delete the obvious bit (and the dot) to reply by email.