Re: Inner Joins

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2004 05:08:28 -0700

pgmuthukumar_at_yahoo.com (Muthu Kumar) wrote in message news:<ccc95ec5.0408092148.2e4d0319_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
> How Inner Join differs from "Equi Join"
>
> thanks,
> Kumar

If I remember correctly an equi-join is just a join on an equality, that is, equal operator.

An inner join is a normal join where each row in A is combined with each "matching" row in B and returned as part of the result set. The inner join may be a equi-join or it could be a semi-join.

I believe that you can find the official definition for an inner join can be found in the SQL manaul.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Aug 10 2004 - 07:08:28 CDT