Re: Recover when Online Redo Log lost.

From: wy <wy_at_fudan.edu>
Date: 9 Aug 2004 18:55:30 -0700

Thanks for the posting!
  But I still have some questions to confirm.

  1. Can all these data insert with nologging(between last hot backup and crach) can recover?
  2. If the db was closed with shutdown abort,all online redo logs were lost,and no valid hot backup exists,can I recover the database?Must I reinstall the database?
  3. If the db was closed cleanly with shutdown immediate,all online redo logs were lost,can I recover the database?(I think redo logs are not necessary to recover a clean shutdown database,is it right?But I must reopen the db with resetlogs)

Thanks again.

wy. Received on Mon Aug 09 2004 - 20:55:30 CDT