Re: Hardware for 50 million record per year???

From: Tony <tony_johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 9 Aug 2004 11:53:22 -0700

Sauron <zlo_at_mordor.hr> wrote in message news:<sfmeh092u31bumt6ao12a1co2e1o0t6t6g_at_4ax.com>...

We currently are doing on the order of 35m inserts a week on a quad Dell 2.8 Xeon with 3g of memory with the data on a Dell\EMC CX400. Works fien for us and this also supports a large number of users doing reports over the internet and internally. Of course, you wont get this mileage if you try and put it on 2 disc drives but if you have the hw to support the I/O you should be fine.

Look at Oracle Failsafe for MSCS. ITs very easy to set up and maintain and you can failover to a 2nd node in 2 min or less. Given that out Win2K box has never failed and we have had an unscheduled\unplanned failover it should meet you HA needs. If you still want to go the RAC route look at the SE version to save a bunch of money on licenses.