Hardware for 50 million record per year???

From: Sauron <zlo_at_mordor.hr>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:11:48 +0200

Hi there!

I have not experiance with huge number of data. I need hardware for real time aplication, production, cca 50 million records per year in 1 table, many insert record. (cca 5-10 per sec)

I look at some cluster (HP Proliant DL380 Packaged Cluster), 2x2 Xeon, maybe with 4GB RAM ?? Is it enough for thaz number of inserts??

It must be HA, so I think RAC on that cluster, and maybe standby database on third server for reports (or can that cluster handle all inserts and reports??? - with Materialized Views maybe??)

tnx for help Received on Mon Aug 09 2004 - 06:11:48 CDT