Top-n-analysis causing ORA-03113

From: hastenthunder <hastenthunder_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 11:37:07 -0400

Hi Experts,

I'm getting a ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel exception on Oracle 10g/Red Hat Adv. Sever 3 when executing the following query:

SELECT *
FROM (SELECT person0_.person_id AS person_id0_,

             facility2_.fac_id AS fac_id1_,
             person0_.display_id AS display_id0_,
             facility2_.under_contract AS under_co3_1_
      FROM person person0_ INNER JOIN
      fac_affl affiliatio1_ ON person0_.person_id = affiliatio1_.person_id,
      facility facility2_
      WHERE affiliatio1_.fac_id = facility2_.fac_id
      ORDER BY person0_.person_id
      )

WHERE rownum <= 10

I'm really puzzled, if this is not a bug, can anyone tell me why running a query would cause an ORA-03113?

The query seem to work OK when I take the order-by clause out.

The sql looks ugly, I know, and please don't ask me why the query is written like this. Our developers uses hibernate to auto-generate these SQL statements.

Thanks in advance for your help! Received on Sun Aug 08 2004 - 10:37:07 CDT