Oracle 9i with connection mgr through a router

From: Dave Penn <djpenn3_at_hotmail.com_spammenot>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 12:59:52 -0500

My setup is:

An Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 Enterprise Edition Win2K DB server with ConnMgr installed and running. The DB looks fine and I can connect via SQL*Plus from the same machine.

From another machine on the same Gigabit Ethernet switch, I can't connect. Gives an ORA-12564 connection refused error.

As I recall from a previous Oracle setup, an addition entry needs to be made in the tnsnames.ora file for the net service on each of the computers. Something like this:

        DBASE =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST = host_name1)(PORT=1521))
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST = host_name2)(PORT=1630))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER=DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME=dbase)

    )
  )

How exactly do I need to do this on the server and client machines?

Thanks tons for the help...

Dave Penn Received on Sat Aug 07 2004 - 12:59:52 CDT