Re: What Java tools/application should I use for this... pls help..

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 22:31:15 -0700

Krist wrote:

> Hi Buck and Daniel,
>
> We have not decided what type of client to use.
> What is the consideration / benefit of using wither Thick(Java) or
> Thin(Web) client ?
>
> When is Thick/Java client more apropriate ?
> When is Thin/Web client more apropriate ?
>
> Thank you,
> Krist

Thick and thin serve very different needs so you need to read up on them. That you would even be asking this question makes me seriously question the ability of your organization to be successful with Java in any form.

That said ... Thick is mandatory for transparent application failover.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington