Re: What Java tools/application should I use for this... pls help..

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 01:03:32 GMT

Krist wrote:

> Do you know how JDeveloper compared to JBuilder ?

JDeveloper started life several years ago as JBuilder plus some Oracle value-add. Anyone familiar with JBuilder will be familiar with JDeveloper.

In the mean time, both products have evolved a lot. Oracle has made a huge number of enhancements that are especially useful in an 'Oracle-aware' shop which wants to get the benefit of their Oracle license fees instead of pretending that all databases are generic data dumps. IN addition, Oracle has added a whole set of new components and wizards that are useful outside of an ORacle shop. (Then again, so has Borland.)

Other than that, you can do similar generic work with either with roughly the same effort.

You need to carefully evaluate the pros and cons of both, relative to your needs. Received on Fri Aug 06 2004 - 20:03:32 CDT