Re: What Java tools/application should I use for this... pls help..

From: Bob Jones <email_at_me.not>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 00:44:33 GMT

"Krist" <xtanto_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cb48a3b.0408060702.158ee6fc_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi Nuno,
>
> >> We use Java because the customer want multi platform app and they
> want Java.
> > Sounds like another trend to me. Ah well, it's IT after all...
> Why another trend ? The customer has many remote location and they
> don't want to limit what platform that should be used, isn't this a
> valid reason ?
>
> Do you know how JDeveloper compared to JBuilder ?
>
> If I use JDeveloper to develope Java application or Web application,
> can I integrate it with Oracle report ?
>
> Thank you for your kind help,
> Krist

JDeveloper is similar to JBuilder. Oracle licensed it from Borland and then adapted it to work better with other Oracle products. If you are an Oracle only shop, JDeveloper is a better choice. Otherwise go with JBuilder. These RAD tools are very feature rich and expensive. If you have the time and the right skills, you can do a lot with them, including reports.

I am not sure what you meant by integrating with Oracle report. As long as the reports are web enabled, it should not be a problem. Received on Fri Aug 06 2004 - 19:44:33 CDT