Re: Return code from remsh on HP-UX

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 20:14:38 GMT

Nejjari wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a script on HP-UX11.11 that need to remsh to another server
> HP-UX11.11 to run a full export of an Oracle db. These processes are
> automated, so we need to test that the remote script has successfuly
> completed.
> If you ran an echo $? after the remsh command it is only going to test
> that the actual 'remsh' command completed.
> What is the way to do that? (without logging the output from the
> remote script, and then grep for some value on that server)
>
> Thanks,
> Youssef

This does not answer your question, but _might_ provide an alternative to solving the underlying problem ...

Assumption - you are using Oracle8 (8.0.6), Oracle8i (8.1.7), Oracle9i (9.0.1 or 9.2.0.x) [and maybe even Oracle Server 7 (7.3.4)]:

If you use Oracle Enterprise Manager with the Oracle Management Server supplied with Oracle9i R2, you could automate and schedule this to become cross-platform, independant of OS version. Both the scheduler and the interactive EXP/IMP GUI are reasonable for this version of OEM.

/Hans Received on Fri Aug 06 2004 - 15:14:38 CDT