Re: Oracle and max concurent users

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 16:38:22 GMT

> Just another question: Does 32K per instance means 32K connection in the
> same times?
>
> I'm sorry to ask so newbee questions, but I would like to know if Oracle
> is able to manage 6000 connections (connections, not users ) in the same
> time.
>
> Maybe do you know company name where such case existe?
>
> Thanks.

Oracle has a reference program to answer these questions. Talk to your rep. ANd plan on getting training of some sort.

The size that you need to support such a conection requirement will involve a reasonable investment - time to start developing a relationship with Oracle so you can properly negotiate the price. For decent sized applications, you MUST develop a trust with your vendor to ensure success at a reasonable cost. (Does not mean become a sucker!)

/Hans Received on Fri Aug 06 2004 - 11:38:22 CDT