Re: OIDLDAPD responsible for high cpu load

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 21:15:47 +0800

Heiko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since I installed OracleAS10g on our server (Xeon 3.2GHz, 1GB, Fedora Core
> 2) the CPU load is constantly at around 99%. The responsible process for
> this is oidldapd as can be seen in the output of 'ps auxH':
>
> oracle 9247 87.4 0.6 31060 6668 ? R 10:54 4:28
> /opt/app/oracle/product/OracleInfrastructure10g/bin/oidldapd connect=asdb -p
> 3060 -i 1 -conf 0 -sport 3131 -sslenable 2 key=604805493
>
> This is only one of the oidldapd processes, there are about 20 running, but
> only one or two are using high cpu resources. To my knowledge I used all
> default settings during installation. What can I do to lower the cpu load?
>
> -- Heiko

That's directory lookup - sounds like it might be in a spin. Throw a truss on it and see what its doing

hth
connor

--
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

Coming Soon! "Oracle Insight - Tales of the OakTable"

"GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish,
and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"