Re: Accidentally dropped tables

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 00:41:47 GMT

Ted wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> I am in a bit of a pickle here.
>
> One of my employees accidentally dropped some if not all of a
> customers tables in an Oracle 8.1 database while following some
> questionable instructions from the software vendor.
>
> It does not appear as though archive logging is happenning and the
> most recent dump I can find is from around January 9.
>
> Do I have any options here for recovering this data or "undoing" the
> drop?
>
> Any and all assistance is much appreciated as I am FAR from being a
> DBA.
>
> Thanks.

Sounds bad, but double check your assumptions (if you are not a DBA, then who determined archive logging is not happening, and the date of your last usable backup?)

Hard to belive a commercial enterprise would spend the money to buy an Oracle license, implement a database, but not have a better backup/recovery process than what you describe.

--Mark Bole Received on Thu Aug 05 2004 - 19:41:47 CDT