Re: How to move tablespace from IASDB to Ora92

From: Les Noll <lnoll_at_tubecity.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 14:04:39 -0500

Let me see if I can clarify. There are two Oracle instances on our machine: IASDB and OEMREP. The tablespace I want to move is in IASDB and contains only our user data. I want to create an Ora92 database instance and move the tablespace from the application server instance to this new database instance. Once the instance is created, I can export the tablespace and import it into the new instance. I am unsure how to go about creating a new instance, though.. We also have Reports Builder reports defined against the data in this tablespace, and scheduled to run on regular intervals. I'm not sure how to get the reports to point to the tables in th enew database. As I'm writing this, it sounds like it should be fairly straight forward but this is an online system and I don't want to screw it up.

+Les