Re: So much for HA!

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 5 Aug 2004 04:04:09 -0700

Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<ZhfQc.6647$AY5.4251_at_newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>...
> The "tahiti.oracle.com" documentation site (or at least, the 9i version
> documentation in my part of the world) was down on July 16th for a while
> too (several posts in OTN forums confirm this). Makes me remember what
> a pain it is to try to keep locally-accessible, up-to-date documentation
> at your fingertips at all times. In other words, 99.999 <> 100.

I'm using downloaded PDF files from tahiti stored on my local PC. It is much quicker (especially for searching) and available even without internet access. I wouldn't trust an external server for keeping such an important piece of information as are Oracle docs for me.

> I only open 3-4 TAR's a year, typically, but that's because many times I
> find the bug (or whatever) first via a Metalink search. If I could have
> Metalink access without TAR support I'd be almost as happy.

Lucky guy! I have opened four TARs in just last week. Plus two escalations (one to severity 1) and numerous calls with both local and abroad support.
Oracle is such a great computer game, it kept me occupied for last two weeks all days and sometimes even during night. :-)

--
Dusan Bolek
http://www.db-support.com

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email will face an
unpleasant end as SPAM.