Re: (Newbie question) LDAP in Oracle Server

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 21:13:24 GMT

Uli wrote:

> Dear group,
>
> i'm trying to set up a Oracle Internet Directory using LDAP. Here
> comes my small and simple questions. Does Oracle include
> LDAP-server-functionality or does it rely on external LDAP-resource
> (like open LDAP on Linux or SLAPD under Windows).
>
> I would appreciate any short answer or any pointer to documentation.
> Please reply to the group.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Greetings from Vienna
>
> Uli

Oracle Internet Directory is Oracle's LDAP v3-compliant implementation. Interestingly Oracle's implementation really does not need LDUP for scalability as the LDAP processes on distributed servers can all talk to a central repository.

In addition to a very scalable LDAP server, Oracle provides a number of unique schemas to support Oracle-specific needs such as Single SignOn and Oracle 'Enterprise' UserIds and Roles

Full details at http://docs.oracle.com -> Application Server documentation.

HTH
/Hans Received on Wed Aug 04 2004 - 16:13:24 CDT