Re: Optimizer assitance needed

From: Masterhit <industrialstr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Aug 2004 07:50:47 -0700

Thanks for the responses.

Yes TEST does have parallel processing turned on (actually all the init.ora etc. are identical with the exception of the # of processors).

I should know better than to do anything in PROD without backing up the current stats- but it was my belief (error) that if it worked "this way" in TEST (which is soooo similar to PROD) then it will do the same thing in PROD.

I don't usually go on 'should' but did this time and got bitten.

The tracing is a good idea for next time.. it didn't occur to me (I am primarily a developer).

Thanks again .. I will 'fiddle' with this in test some more. Received on Wed Aug 04 2004 - 09:50:47 CDT