So much for HA!

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2004 17:03:38 -0700

I'm sure many have noticed it by now:

03-Aug-04, 4:00 p.m. U.S. Pacific Time - The TARs button may not be visible on MetaLink due to an internal TAR server problem. This issue is being worked as a top priority and the TARs button will be enabled once again as soon as possible.

I'm glad someone has sev 1 support :-)

I noticed glitches all day, but thought it was because I've been tracking down some network weirdness in OAS10g and futzing with my proxy/TCP settings (it seems possible to ignore timeout settings in web.xml under some conditions). Then when I tried to access an unrelated tar I entered a few hours ago and never got an email notification (hey, sometimes the analysts forget to hit "send email"), I got no access to see tars. After logging in again, my tar button had disappeared. Horrors! When does my contract expire! Why does it show "Open, update and close TARs No " on my profile! I AM the #$%#$%#$ Administrator! :-O

We have an amazingly thin thread attaching us to information. I admit it, I'm a metalink addict. I hope someone 'fesses up to what really happened.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
What to do if your tar button disappears: