Re: Snapshot Too Old Reported - But We Doubt It

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2004 15:13:26 -0700

"Alan" <alan_at_erols.com> wrote in message news:<2n7ak8Fr1bvqU1_at_uni-berlin.de>...

> We searched Metalink, but nothing we could find addressed the problem.
>
> Any ideas what is wrong and how to solve it? TIA.

Well, Howard's explanation is better than the ones on metalink, but there certainly are enough "what to do about 1555" docs there. Here's one that refers to the old ones and explains an undo iteration of it: http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showFrameDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=269814.1

The only biggie I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is "are you using OPTIMAL?" Don't use OPTIMAL.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Happy birthday to Tony "My heart!" Bennett, Jay "Dennis the Menace"