Re: CLOB

From: Oradba Linux <techiey2k3_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 21:44:57 GMT

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1091424473.55153_at_yasure...
> Oradba Linux wrote:
>
> > I am trying to find out if any of you are replicating Clobs in a
production
> > environment . How many rows does your table
> > contain ? How fast does it replicate ? How to tune the fast refresh ? I
am
> > not doing a complete refresh .
>
> What do you mean by "replicate" and why, in a relational database would
> anyone replicate anything?
>
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace 'x' with 'u' to respond)

I have never seen you give any useful suggestions and this one is no different . Please dont jump on me for telling this .

I did not put my question clearly . I am trying to replicate a table with clob field across 2 production instances . This table has about 5 mil rows . I want to do a fast refresh everyday . I expect atleast 50,000 rows inserted into this table every day and has to be refreshed to the second database . I am trying to find out if anybody has any experiences replicating or doing fast refreshes of a table with clob field . How fast was it ? Any tips to improve performance .

Thanks Received on Tue Aug 03 2004 - 16:44:57 CDT