Inserts on Linked Table and Performance

From: Michael <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2004 14:08:53 -0700

Hello,

I am performing an insert simliar to the below using Oracle 8.17. How can I:

  1. Speed up the INSERT? In some cases I have millions of rows.
  2. Truncate the table on the remote end? When I issue a truncate table command on a linked table it says it is not supported.

INSERT INTO owner.RemoteTable_at_link_db SELECT * FROM owner.LocalTable;

Thanks,

Michael Received on Tue Aug 03 2004 - 16:08:53 CDT