is there a way to change OS-authentication from within Oracle rather than change all logins

From: colin_lyse <colin_lyse_at_yahsd.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2004 10:18:08 -0500

using Oracle 9i on Win/2003 server

We have over 50 accounts using OS-authentication on NT to access Oracle. they use Domain and username to get into Oracle.

We have migrated to Active Directory and our prior domain was deleted and a new one was created. Problem is that all the accounts are of the type OPS$domian_name\userid. Since the old domian does not exist anymore the account is not authenticated and we get the error ORA-01017 invalid username/password; login denied.

We don't want to create 50 new accounts and get deleted the old 50 and then change all the login scripts etc, espically since the pc with are spread all over the state many in out of the way rural areas and we would literally have to drive around to each one.

is there a way inside of Oracle to somehow map these accounts so that they do have access? maybe not allow remote access and have them pass the old login directly? Received on Tue Aug 03 2004 - 10:18:08 CDT