Installation of Oracle 10g RAC on solaris

From: Praveen <narrapraveen_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Aug 2004 14:22:36 -0700

hello,

I am planning on installing oracle 9i/10g RAC on Solaris platform. I checked for 9i RAC and I will be needing Sun Cluster 3.1 on the solaris platform. From the certify & availability (metalink), I noticed that with 10g we can use Oracle OSD Clusterware to perform the same funtion as Sun Cluster.

Do I need any additional softwares for file/ volume management like Veritas volume manager etc for Oracle 10g on solaris? Does Oracle OSD clusterware is all that I need?

I checked for 10g install documents and it still says that sun cluster is needed? did anyone try installation with oracle clusterware( with softwares for just file/volume management)

Thanks for the advice,
Praveen Received on Mon Aug 02 2004 - 16:22:36 CDT