Re: Script to start/stop Oracle 9i

From: Bit Twister <BitTwister_at_localhost.localdomain>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 11:38:35 GMT

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 16:01:07 +0500, BAD8888 wrote:
> How can I write a script to start/stop Oracle 9i on Redhat Linux 3.0

Use your editor of choice and type away with the commands you need. :)

> Advanced server. Any examples or helpful links would be great.

Please bookmark the following, very large, Frequently Asked Questions (faq) Search engine:

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search slrnblf7e0.4dt.BitTwister_at_wb.home in the Message Id box.

There you will find a a script in which if you read the header comments should give you a hot start.

The two comment lines

# chkconfig: 2345 10 85

above the comment box are required and man chkconfig should help. Received on Mon Aug 02 2004 - 06:38:35 CDT