Re: linux os cache and ocfs

From: utkanbir <hopehope_123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Jul 2004 22:49:15 -0700

Hi Mladen,

Thank you very much for your help.

I have logged a tar related to the direct io - ocfs issue to oracle . Tech. support engineer told me that since i use ocfs it use direct io no matter the filesystemio_options parameter. But you say the opposite.

>No, it doesn't. By telling oracle to use direct I/O, you are
> adding O_DIRECT to the arguments of the "open" system call.

Is it possible to do strace to one of the executables of oracle and try to see the o_direct flag?

Kind Regards,
tolga