Oracle SQL query by date

From: vnl <vnl999_at_vnl999.invalid>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 18:22:12 -0500

I'm trying to run a SQL query but can't find any records when trying to select a certain date. Here's the sql:

SELECT field 1, field2, date_and_time,
FROM table1
WHERE date_and_time = '01-SEP-02'

I'm getting no results. The date_and_time field is formatted like this:

2002-SEP-02 00:01:04 When I run a range, the results show that records do occur on the single date that I am looking for:

SELECT field 1, field2, date_and_time,
FROM table1
WHERE date_and_time >= '01-SEP-02' and date_and_time <= '01-DEC-02'

I'm wondering whether the problem may have something to do with the date field containing both the date and time. Any suggestions?

Thanks. Received on Thu Jul 29 2004 - 18:22:12 CDT