Re: update oracle database when ever changes are made in access database

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no_spam_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:15:00 GMT

Varun wrote:

> thanx for the suggestion burt but will the oracle table get updated
> everytime the when ever access tables are changed. i think i have to
> just manually update the tables in the linked tables how to update the
> new data each time automatically. just like using triggers in the
> oracle. what should i do here to make it fast and automatic
> "Burt Peltier" <burttemp1REMOVETHIS_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<Lt_Nc.54827$Yw3.12831_at_bignews3.bellsouth.net>...
>

>>You probably have some good reasons, but why didn't you just "link" the
>>Oracle table into MS Access?
>>
>>We do this a lot and it works good.
>>
>>Just make sure the Oracle table has a unique index or you specify a unique
>>set of columns to identify 1 row when you link the table into MS Access.
>>
>>--
>>
>>"Varun" <varuns123_at_ggn.hcltech.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>well i have migrated the database from access to oracle and changes
>>>would be done in access only so i want to make same changes in the
>>>oracle database say after 10 mins. or so everytime i.e a continuous
>>>process either changes made or not so what should i do.

I'm not sure how exactly the Oracle and Access databases are linked, but I am assuming you have probably linked the Oracle tables via ODBC to your Access GUI?

If you link the new Oracle tables to Access, then I *think* you can have Access populate these tables as well as the native access tables on a timed basis or even at the time of update, you can also link the Access tables to Oracle via heterogeneous services and have an Oracle job running that extracts/copies/inserts data from the Access table(s) every X minutes if that fits your needs better. Received on Thu Jul 29 2004 - 12:15:00 CDT