Re: Simple Trigger Question

From: Lee <lduhl_at_corp.realcomp.com>
Date: 29 Jul 2004 07:31:25 -0700

Sybrand

Well I guess your fishing lesson worked becuase I was able to figure it out based on your original post.

I actually found out that my proposed solution did not work either becuase Oracle apparently considers NULL and ('') to be the same thing (which is actually "nothing"). I had to modifify it to the following: (NVL(:New.ImageUrl,'NULLVAL') <> NVL(:New.ImageUrl,'NULLVAL')

Any thanks for the help!
Lee