SQL Plus session hangs

From: Steve J <sejohnson_25_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Jul 2004 07:27:38 -0700

I'm using SQL Plus from Oracle Client 9.2.0.2 on a Sun box running Sun OS 5.8 to access an 8.1.7.4 Oracle Database.

I have a Unix process that executes SQL Plus to run script files every morning and this sparatically hangs. Locally I can still see the Unix process executing the shell script and can see the sqlplus process connected to the remote database but when I talk to the DBA at the remote system he doesn't see any sessions logged in with the userid I'm using.

It used to do this once every couple of weeks but this week it's hung 3 out of 4 days. The last time it hung I had client side tracing turned on but the trace just stopped less than a minute after the session started without any errors. A successful process usually takes a half hour.

I have 3 other processes running at the same time doing similar things and they never have a problem.

Any help or ideas of what to do next would be appreciated.

Thanks... Received on Thu Jul 29 2004 - 09:27:38 CDT