Which Protocol to use?

From: Joe <yung103_at_netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:36:27 +0900

Hi All,

I read from a performance tuning book that the protocol being used by the listener and tnsnames can affect the performance too, sometimes this will even lead to serious performance issue. And the DBA uses PROTOCOL=BEQ instead of PROTOCOL=TCP to solve the problem.

I always use PROTOCOL=TCP no matter when the client and server located. The finding in the book makes me think of something.

If the client and server are on the same machine, says UNIX, which PROTOCOL will be the best in term of performance?

And where can I find more information about it?

Thanks in advanced.

Joe Received on Thu Jul 29 2004 - 07:36:27 CDT